13th session of the European Guitar & Mandolin Youth Orchestra
Musical director: Philip Bride
July 3rd to 11th, 2014 in Marseille /France
European Cultural City in 2013
Organized by CMF,Marseille Mandolin Academy,
Marseille Conservatory and European Guitar and Mandolin Association
With financial support of Trekel Editions, Marseille City, Crédit Mutuel.
- age being between 16 and 26 years
- cost: 250 € full board, 150€ for Marseilles residents (catering & accommodation not included)
- registration form including photo and short curriculum should be received latest April 2nd
EGMYO 2014 MUSICAL PROGRAM :
- Concerto in Bb per violino e mandolino by Antonio Vivaldi solo : Philip Bride (violin) & Gertrud Weyhofen (mandolin)
- Serenata-Passacaglia by Ennio Morricone (original work in first french performance)
- Serenata Erotica by Vincent Beer-Demander
- Voyage à Kotrabland by Fabio Gallucci (first french performance)
- Serenata by Dietrich Erdmann
- First jazzy Impressions by Alexander Blettenberg (first french performance) solo : one musician from EGMYO
- Estudiantina by Joaquin Turina (first french performance)
- Sinfonietta n°1 by Hans Gal (1.Allegro con spirito)
THE MARSEILLE TEAM :
Musical director: PHILIP BRIDE, conductor and violin player, leader of Ensemble Instrumental de France, Director of the Marseilles National Conservatory, solo violin of Paris Chamber Orchestra.
GERMANY : Gertrud Weyhofen (mandolin 1) : mandolin teacher at Musikakademie Kassel (Germany)
FRANCE : Vincent Beer-Demander (mandolin 2, coordinator of the session): mandolin teacher at Marseilles Conservatory and at Marseilles Mandolin Academy, composer and member of the CMF plectrum committee.
ITALY : Fabio Gallucci (mandola) : mandolin teacher at Lunel-Montpellier Conservatory and performer.
SPAIN : Carlos Blanco Ruiz (guitar) : guitar and composition teacher at La Rioja Conservatory (Spain).